Seeking Drywall Finisher
Pay Rate: $35 Hourly Depending On Experience plus Benefits
Works hand and hand with installers to assist with finishing the installation process. Responsible for installing wallboards to ceilings or to interior walls of buildings and applying plaster. Smooths out imperfections with trowels and shackle. Applies coats of the compound after panels are mounted to walls or ceiling.
- Apply drywall to walls or ceilings.
- Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints
- Smooth out imperfections
- Work with ceiling tile installers to build walls.
- Sheet Rock.
- Read blueprints and designs.
- Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
- Use a lift to place ceiling panels.
- Fill joints in-between panels with spackle.
- Use trowels to spread spackle.
- Press paper tape into the compound.
- Smooth away excess material.
- Cover nail and screw depressions with spackle.
- Apply second and third coats of compound.
- Sand areas after each coast.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Ability to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, strong organization skills, and a positive attitude
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are pleased to offer a compensation package which includes Competitive hourly rate, company-paid medical & dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, paid time off and holidays, supportive team environment, tuition reimbursement, and career advancement opportunities.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other protected characteristic.